Since there are different types of slimming bands, we must inform ourselves well on which one is best suited to our needs and always use it carefully, so as not to run any risk. Many people try to reduce their tummy through creams, specific foods, therapies and other remedies. Even if they have heard of slimming bands, they are not sure what they are for and how they should be used.
Find out in this article how you can reduce your belly and improve your silhouette with slimming bands and some particularly effective tips.
What are slimming bands?
As their name indicates, slimming bands help us to progressively reduce the waist by compressing the abdominal area. There are two types of slimming bands with different functions:
- Those formed by materials that promote sweating and which, therefore, make you lose the liquids that accumulate in this area. When we remove it, we can observe the amount of fluid lost.
- The modeling ones that give the desired shape thanks to the progressive pressure that is achieved with the help of buckles or other types of fasteners positioned at different widths, so as to be able to tighten the band as we lose centimeters.
Which one to choose?
It is important to know the differences between these bands to decide which one is right for us.
- The band that increases sweating is the most suitable for people who suffer from water retention in different parts of the body and who, therefore, may have changes in the volume of the belly. It is also ideal for people who do cardiovascular exercise and who want to take advantage of the band to sweat more in the waist area.
- The shaping bands are designed to give the shape we want to our abdomen. While they don’t shed fat, they can actually shape your tummy. It is also the best option for women who have built up too much abdominal muscles and want to make their waist slimmer.
We recommend always opting for good quality bands, made with fabrics suitable for contact with the skin for several hours a day. Otherwise, we run the risk of suffering from allergic reactions. And the size? Don’t worry, you will also find your best waist trainer for plus size!
Do all bands work?
Not all wraps are designed to reduce the waist. In fact, the vast majority of them are sold with the sole objective of modeling the figure when we wear them, for example under a dress.
Therefore, it is good to make a distinction between shapewear bodysuits and waist trainers, the protagonists of this article!
How are they used?
It is very important to learn how to use the slimming belt correctly, not only so that it allows us to achieve our goal, but also to avoid unwanted effects:
- We will always start by doing a short test for 30 minutes maximum.
- We will gradually increase the time of use, as we feel more comfortable.
- We will remove it immediately in case of discomfort, discomfort or anxiety.
- We will avoid using it while we are digesting or when we go to bed.
- It is not recommended for use during the menstrual cycle.
- Although we can use it for sessions, the ideal is to wear them when standing or performing tasks that do not require complicated positions or great efforts. For example, to do some shopping, while we clean the house, etc.
Are they used to improve posture?
Many women report that while wearing the slimming belt they also experience an improvement in their posture, as it helps them to stay upright. In fact, there are special bands for spinal problems.
While they can be useful in this regard, don’t forget that it is essential to do abdominal exercises regularly. In this way the abdomen will turn into a strong and natural support for our back.